Our Response to COVID-19
WCGMF BELIEVES THAT BLACK LIVES MATTER. READ OUR CALL TO ACTION.
- Presione el botón “translate” en la parte superior de esta página para traducir esta página al español.
- Si necesita ayuda con la solicitud de fondos para responder a la crisis del virus Covid-19, llame o envíe un mensaje de texto a Viviana O’Connor at 203-584-1408.
COVID-19 RESPONSE GRANT INVITATION
The William Caspar Graustein Memorial Fund was offering immediate support to communities in Connecticut responding to current events related to COVID-19.
We invited groups to apply for funding to give urgent support to our communities. This support could include crisis response that addresses the physical, social, emotional wellbeing and safety of those most affected by racism and poverty.
Please note: grants will be restricted to 501(c)3 or fiscally sponsored groups in Connecticut. Preference will be given to current grantees. Requests over $10,000 should contain specifics about the direct response applicants have in mind, a budget, and how the proposed response is keeping with the organization's capacity and experience.
We recognize that there are many important needs arising during this crisis. However, we did not funding the following requests:
Funding assistance for core staff and work that is the regular work for organizations,
Lost wages or salary income for individuals or organizational staff,
Replacing the value of anticipated lost revenue for organizations,
Requests from school districts for staff, equipment or technology for distance learning programs, and
All requests for work done outside of Connecticut or from organizations based outside Connecticut that may do work in Connecticut.
Please note that these grant applications are currently on hold
We will update these resources as they become available.
- World Health Organization- Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreak
- Latest information from the Connecticut state government
- Social Distancing: This is Not a Snow Day (Opinion from Asaf Bitton, MD, MPH)
- How to Talk to Kids about Coronavirus
- If You Are Uninsured You May Qualify for Coverage with Access Health CT
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT WCGMF OPERATIONS DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC
WCGMF is taking the following measures to maximize safety for all and to minimize the financial impact to our grantees:
- The WCMGF offices are closed until further notice.
- WCGMF staff are working remotely and are available by telephone or videoconference during regular business hours.
- On site meetings and convenings will be rescheduled, if possible. We are not accepting new requests for convening at this time.
- Processing of payments will be modified to reduce the risk of virus exposure and contamination to staff, grantees and the public. We are striving to be as efficient as possible so that grantees and partners can continue to provide essential services to their communities. We welcome your feedback as we develop this new process.
We are monitoring the situation, in real-time, and having constant dialogue with our community partners. Please do not hesitate to contact your Program Officer or reach out to our Grants Manager Rachel Murphy at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.